The Best Asbestos Removal Company in Brisbane
The Asbestos Guys are second to none when it comes to asbestos removal in Brisbane. We have the most extensive experience in the region and can take on any sized challenge.
Our trained technicians can remove any form of asbestos and then dispose of it in a safe and proper manner. The professionals at The Asbestos Guys are ready to solve your thorniest asbestos problems. Call us at (07) 4243 4747 and see what the best asbestos removal team in Brisbane can do for you.
Why Is Asbestos Such A Big Concern?
Asbestos is a mineral whose fibres are too small to be seen with the naked eye. These fibres, when inhaled or ingested, result in inflammation and scarring to the lungs and intestines. This damage can lead to mesothelioma, gastrointestinal cancer, asbestosis, lung cancer, and pleural plaques.
Despite its dangers, they used asbestos in building materials for many years because of its exceptional insulation and fireproofing capabilities.
When intact and left in place, asbestos does not pose a significant health hazard. However, when asbestos-containing materials are damaged, aged, or disturbed, they may be released into the air. Once that happens, those fibres become carcinogenic and toxic to people.
If you have asbestos in your building that is no longer in pristine condition, The Asbestos Guys can help. Let us remove or repair your damaged asbestos. We will leave your building safe for occupancy and then recycle or dispose of the asbestos in a way to make it harmless.
Why Would I Need Asbestos Removal?
Let’s get straight to the point about when you may require asbestos removal:
- If you are planning to remodel or renovate your building, you may need to remove asbestos before you begin.
- If your building has damaged insulation or drywall, you may need to remove asbestos in order to occupy it safely.
- If you are doing demolition of a building built prior to 1990, you may need to remove asbestos in order to comply with governmental regulations.
If you believe you may have asbestos-containing materials in your home, do not disturb them. Undamaged asbestos is not a likely health threat. Simple mitigations like limiting access to those materials should be sufficient until you have the opportunity to call in a professional.
You should assume that asbestos-containing Items that are older, are worn, or are torn will release fibres. You absolutely should avoid doing anything that might damage that material. Sanding, drilling, stripping, and sawing are obvious things to shun. However, even rubbing or roughly handling asbestos-containing materials can poison the air with asbestos.
Trained and accredited asbestos professionals like those at The Asbestos Guys are absolutely necessary if you are going to deal with those asbestos-containing materials. Let our highly skilled and trained technicians make your building safe.
Our Asbestos Removal Safety Precautions
There is nothing more important than safety when it comes to working with asbestos. The health of our clients and our employees depends on our technicians following a strict set of industry-leading procedures.
Additionally, working within all governmental regulations is critical to the success of your project, and our safety procedures are an integral part of that.
The trust that our clients place in our work is based on many years of safe operations. We want you to have that same confidence, so we will make sure your asbestos removal project is done as safely as possible.
Some specific steps that we take to stay safe are:
- Our technicians seal the work area away from the rest of the building using tape and plastic sheeting. We will ventilate the containment area in a manner as to create a negative pressure within the work zone. This way, we keep any released asbestos separate from the non-work areas. All protective sheeting will be removed and disposed of after the job so we allow no asbestos fibres to linger.
- We will clearly post the containment area with warning signage so that non-workers do not accidentally enter an unsafe area. Furthermore, heating and air conditioning systems will be turned off during the project in order to prevent airborne fibres from being sent through the HVAC system into other areas of the building.
- The work team will put on and remove their personal protective equipment in a separate decontamination zone. This prevents tracking or spreading asbestos fibres into non-work areas.
- Our experts are careful to manipulate asbestos-containing materials as little as possible. They understand that the more removed material is disturbed or broken, the more opportunity there is for asbestos to be released into the environment.
- The techs will wet the asbestos material prior to removal. This hand-sprayed mist coats the fibres, increasing their mass and reducing the amount of time that they remain airborne. Additionally, the wetting agent makes it easier to clean up the fibres as they settle onto surfaces.
- We train our workforce in all aspects of packaging and disposing of asbestos. We seal any material that has potentially had contact with asbestos fibres in heavy-duty, air-tight plastic bags. This includes all protective clothing worn by our technicians, the asbestos-containing materials that were removed, and any disposable equipment used during the job.
- After work completion, we will thoroughly clean the worksite. The initial cleaning is done with wet sponges, rags, and mops. After the surfaces are dry, we do a second cleaning with a high-efficiency particulate air vacuum cleaner. All waste generated from this cleaning will be disposed of in the same way as the asbestos-containing materials.
- Once cleaning is complete, we will take air samples to verify that there are no residual asbestos fibres in the air.
By taking all these steps, The Asbestos Guys ensure that you are safe and secure from asbestos hazards before, during, and after we work on your project.
Remember, your safety is our ultimate goal when it comes to asbestos removal in Brisbane. The Asbestos Guys are here and ready to help you get asbestos out of your building.