#1 Asbestos Disposal in Brisbane
The Asbestos Guys is a Brisbane company that can assist with any asbestos disposal needs you may have. Whether you have industrial, commercial, or residential asbestos, we can help you dispose of it in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
We have access to the most state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to ensure we dispose of any asbestos waste generated by your project properly and in accordance with all regulations. Call us at (07) 4243 4747 today to speak with our expert staff about our asbestos disposal services.
Asbestos Disposal Services In Brisbane
Asbestos is a well-known carcinogen, causing diseases such as mesothelioma, pleural plaques, asbestosis, and asbestos-related lung cancer. Improper handling of this material significantly increases the risk of health effects. Hence, it is exceptionally important that anyone working with asbestos know how to properly dispose of asbestos-containing materials. Otherwise, they put themselves and the public at risk.
Furthermore, incorrect handling and disposal of asbestos are punishable by serious penalties and large fines. This is an area where a do-it-yourself mentality can result in a lot of risks.
Fortunately, there is a solution.
At The Asbestos Guys, we know how to deal with asbestos.
We have years of experience following the regulations for handling and disposing of this material in accordance with the law and have never been penalized for our work. Since every exposure to asbestos increases the risk of disease, you can be assured that when we are working on your project, our technicians are keeping everyone safe.
How We Make Asbestos Abatement Simple For You
When you hire our team, we address all the issues that make asbestos abatement a challenge. You can relax knowing that we are going to do your asbestos disposal project well and according to the law.
- We will apply for and obtain all the permits required to do the project. We know how to scope the size of the project properly so we do the paperwork right and are successful in the permitting process.
- We will prepare the work area to maximize safety. Our team will seal the area off with plastic sheeting and create a negative pressure within the work zone so that asbestos does not escape into the rest of the structure. We will post the area with signs to show boundaries and ensure no one goes into the asbestos-containing areas. We will cover surfaces that are not part of the worksite with materials that will be discarded at the end of the project.
- Our technicians come prepared with all the required personal protective equipment. They will have respirators and protective coveralls, as well as goggles and gloves. They are well trained on the specific procedures needed to don and doff these items so that they do not transfer asbestos from the containment area. The removal of worker’s tools, shoes, and protective equipment will only occur in specified decontamination areas. We design these enclosure systems to keep asbestos away from the building occupants at all times.
- We will observe all regulatory and safety protocols at the worksite. For example, we will shut down the HVAC system in order to prevent the movement of asbestos fibres. The technicians will clean all surfaces using a High-Efficiency Particulate Air vacuum. This controls dust and asbestos fibres during the project and prepares the area for re-occupancy once the job is complete.
- Our experts will handle and dispose of the asbestos waste safely and in accordance with the law. Asbestos-containing materials will be wetted prior to work in order to reduce fibres in the air. As we create asbestos waste through the removal process, we will wet it and place it in two sealed, thick plastic bags. We will then enclose the bags in an air-tight container for transport.
After all the abatement is complete, we may dispose of the asbestos at a council-approved site. However, we also may use newer technologies to recycle the asbestos.
You might wonder why we go to the extra effort of recycling asbestos instead of simply dumping it. However, the benefits of recycling asbestos are significant.
- Compared to regular disposal, recycled asbestos reduces the amount of material that enters the landfill. This not only saves landfill space but also reduces the risk that landfill workers have from asbestos.
- Recycling eliminates illness-causing asbestos fibres and turns them into substances that are not dangerous to humans. These new materials can then be used safely in new products like packing materials, ceramics, stoneware, and even concrete ingredients.
- Dumping asbestos can be an expensive proposition because of all the regulatory requirements surrounding the disposal of hazardous waste. Recycling asbestosis is also pricey, but depending on the quantity of material to be recycled, you may actually save money on your abatement project. They base asbestos disposal fees on the volume to be dumped. So the more recycled material that is created, the less volume will need to be placed in a landfill.
- Recycling permanently takes a hazardous substance out of the environment, and thus can prevent future human disease from occurring.
The technologies used to recycle asbestos are complex, but they can reduce the amount of asbestos waste by at least half. In fact, some methods eliminate 99% of the asbestos from the material.
In order to recycle asbestos, the material is most commonly bathed in sodium hydroxide and heated to an extreme temperature. This breaks down the asbestos safely into a glass-like substance.
There are additional ways to recycle asbestos. For example, microwaves can be used to heat asbestos into safe and useful products such as porcelain or ceramic tile. Alternatively, high-speed milling can turn asbestos into smaller inert materials that have been rendered harmless.
Brisbane Asbestos Disposal
Whether your job creates waste best disposed of in a landfill or by recycling, The Asbestos Guys have the expertise to handle it safely and efficiently. Hundreds of satisfied customers have put their trust in our trained technicians to properly rid their building of asbestos. We guarantee that you will be another satisfied client.